(1) The General Assembly is the deliberative body of the Association.
(2) The General Assembly is composed of all associate members, meaning the founding members and the individuals who were subsequently eligible for associate membership, as well as all adherent members, meaning the individuals who were subsequently eligible for adherent membership. The General Assembly has permanent control over the bodies under Article 9, letters b) and c).
(3) Only associate members can vote in the General Assembly.
(4) The General Assembly is chaired by the President of the Association or, in his absence, by the First Vice President of the Association. If the First Vice President is not present either, the General Assembly will be chaired by a vice president.
(5) Persons who are not members of the Association may be invited to meetings of the General Assembly, with the approval of the President.
a) establishes the strategy and objectives of the Association;
b) approves the revenue and expenditure budget and the balance sheet;
c) approves the financial contribution of association / adhesion for future members;
d) approves the annual financial contribution of associate and adherent members;
e) appoints the members of the Council;
f) removes the members of the Council;
g) appoints and removes the censor or, as applicable, the members of the Censors’ Commission;
h) decides on the establishment of subsidiaries and branches;
i) amends the statutes;
j) dissolves and liquidates the Association;
k) decides the destination of the assets remaining after the liquidation of the Association;
l) enjoys any other attributes defined in the national law, European Union law and in the present Statute.
(1) The General Assembly of the Association shall meet in a regular annual session convoked by the President.
(2) The General Assembly shall be convoked in extraordinary sessions whenever necessary, at the initiative of the President.
(3) The General Assembly shall be convoked in extraordinary sessions whenever necessary, on the recommendation of the Council’s majority or at the request of at least 1/3 of the members. The recommendation must be approved by the President of the Association.
(4) The General Assembly shall be convoked at least 15 days before the set date or, in urgent cases, at least 5 days before the set date, the latter case applying only if:
a) it necessarily requires amending the Statute;
b) circumstances that might endanger the existence of the Association arise
(5) The convocation of the General Assembly is carried out by an Act of Convocation. The Act of Convocation shall be notified to the members of the General Assembly by any means, including via electronic post.
(6) The notice of convocation will include date, place and agenda.
(7) Associate Members may place requests with discussion topics on the agenda of the Association either by filling in a form to the Secretariat or by sending it at the e-mail address authorized by the President, at least 3 days before the date on which the General Assembly will be held.
(8) At each General Assembly, the Secretary General, and in his absence, a person designated by the President, shall draw up a Report.
(9) The decisions taken by the General Assembly shall be submitted in an act called Resolution
2017© Asociația Europeană de Studii Internaționale - AESI